* walk Lake H
* Go watch a friends daughter play her last soccer game
* BBQ & Craft Festival
* Laundry & Relax at home
New plans of the day:
* got a text from a good friend asking me to take her to the eye Dr. She woke up and could not open one of her eyes and was in extreme pain, with sensitivity to light. She thought it may be pink eye since someone at her office had it recently. Took her to the eye place at Walmart (since most eye specialists are CLOSED on Saturday!). Walmart said she needed to see a dr. and that they didn't have any in that day either (seriously?! What happens with eye emergencies on the weekend?) but the guy was super nice and called Sam's Club and they DID have a doctor in. Headed south towards Sam's Club. Saw that Doctor. He scared us by the way he was speaking. He told me I would be needed in the room, as my friend would be needing my support. News like that always makes you think "Oh No! This could be really bad. What is he going to say?!" In the end, he told her it was a Corneal Ulcer and that she needed to see ANOTHER specialist right away. He told her that there are five emergencies in the eye field, and this was 1 of the 5 and that sometimes people lose their site within 6 hours of the ulcer! So by now we are kinda stressing because of the way he made it seem. He calls and finds a doctor that is able to work her in on his day off. This daughter takes her cell and says he will call when he has time to meet her at his office (as he of course, is off as well on Saturday). It's decided the appointment will be later in the day.
* I decided to make it out to the BBQ & crafts fair with another friend. I missed the soccer game, BUT I still got to see my friends daughter looking ADORABLE in her soccer outfit. Mommy said "I am SO happy soccer is over. My daughter sucks at it. Daddy brought a softball and mitt home last night. I asked him if he had NOT seen our daughter play soccer the last 8 weeks? Obviously sports aren't her thing". I laughed. :)
* saw some cool vintage things, ate some good BBQ, and got the call that the Doctor could see my friend with the eye issue at 3pm.
* Took my friend to the eye specialist and he said thankfully her ulcer is very tiny. He doesn't see any damage and she should be feeling better by Monday. Told her to come see him then. No work for two days. So, we took her doctors note to her employer (since they gave her a hard time for calling out today).
* Went to the gym and did a nice mile warm up, and weights
* Another friend of mine drove in from Texas today to pick up his son for the holidays. Me & the roomie met up with him for about an hour and gave him a ride from one side of town, to the other (as his sister had their car).
* Now I'm home, it's 8:30pm on a Saturday night, and I am perfectly content sitting in my PJ's and looking at some ideas for the wedding.
Crazy how quickly plans can constantly change! Regardless, today was still a great day and I am very thankful my friend is okay with no damage to her eye.
I also love all of John Mayers stuff. It soothes me. And Taylor Swift. <3 her.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 8: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)