Friday, February 4, 2011

Project 31: Day 9. Virtues

Project 31


Day 9: What virtues do you value in yourself?

I am taking the easy way out on this one. I got some most of the definitions for the virtues I chose that I value in myself from The Virtues Project.

* Compassion: Compassion is understanding and caring when someone is hurt or troubled, even if you don't know them. It is wanting to help, even if all you can do is listen and say kind words.

* Forgiveness: Being forgiving is giving someone another chance after they have done something wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. Instead of revenge, make amends. Forgive yourself too. Instead of feeling hopeless after a mistake, decide to act differently and have faith that you can change.

* Generosity: Generosity is giving and sharing. I share freely, not with the idea of getting something in return. I give for the joy of giving. Generosity is one of the best ways to show love and friendship.

* Love: This is the virtue I honestly am told often is my most prominent virtue. I have been told by people (as recent as yesterday) that they admire how loving I am. Love is a special feeling in your heart. You show love in a smile, kind word, thoughtful act, or a hug. Love is treating people, pets and things with care and kindness because they mean so much to you. Love is contagious. It keeps spreading.


* Thankfulness: Thankfulness is being grateful for what we have. It is an attitude of gratitude for learning, loving and being. Appreciate the little things that happen around you and within you each day. Think positively. Thankfulness brings contentment.

* Empathy: I am a very empathetic person. I can read peoples emotions fairly well. I feel their emotions as well. This helps when I am listening and giving advice as I can sometimes relate with their feelings, as I feel them.

Be sure to check out Mandy's (the Project 31 creator) answer for day 9 as I lovelovelove her answer(s). The fact that God designed us specifically for our spouses is such an amazing thing. I have no doubt that I am God's provision for my fiance, and I can't wait til we walk down the aisle in April. :) <3

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment