Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Light The Night for Leukemia

Saturday November 6th is my local Light the Night walk for Leukemia & Lymphoma. This cause is VERY close to my heart as two of my closest friends have been hit with Leukemia (and are currently in remission, Praise God!). If they happen to read this, I just want them to know how veryvery much they inspire me daily and how much they are loved. <3




Meet Ashley! She was diagnosed with Leukemia when she was just 3 years old. She has been in remission for about 20 years. I have known this girl for about 13 years and am so blessed to have her in my life.


Meet Tina. I met her in college and we have been close friends for a little over 5 years now. She was diagnosed with Leukemia in 2007 and has been in remission for about 2 years. I witnessed her go through this battle and she is such a fighter. She never gave up hope and that is key to recovery.




Please visit my fundraising site WE CAN(CER)VIVE
 
My personal goal is to raise $250 in 24 days! I know I can do it :) 

WHAT IS LIGHT THE NIGHT?
Each year, in communities all across the United States and Canada teams of families, friends, co-workers and local and national corporations come together to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS's) Light The Night Walk events and bring help and hope to people battling blood cancers.
Every Light The Night walker is encouraged to become a Champion For Cures by raising $100 or more to help fight blood cancer.

Funds raised by teams and individual walkers provide:

  • Lifesaving blood cancer research
  • Free educational materials and events for patients and their families
  • Local programs such as Family Support Groups and First Connection, a peer-to-peer counseling program
  • Comprehensive, personalized assistance through our Information Resource Center
Light The Night Walk events are evenings filled with inspiration. During this leisurely walk, walkers carry illuminated balloons - white for survivors, red for supporters and gold in memory of loved ones lost to cancer - thousands of walkers - men, women and children - form a community of caring, bringing light to the dark world of cancer.

Here's a picture from last year's Light the Night walk. 



"Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weary." Isaiah 40:31



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment