Saturday, November 20, 2010

Missed a day (it was bound to happen!)

It was bound to happen. I finally missed a day of blogging! I started this blog on October 4th, and up until last night, had been very faithful with finding time (even if it was a few minutes) to update the blog! Yesterday it didn't happen! Here's a quick breakdown of yesterday.
* woke up EXTREMELY early for me, a little before 6am.
* went to the chiropractor (if I haven't mentioned it before, I have a pretty messed up back and lots of neck stiffness as well)
* surprised my fiance with breakfast in bed from Subway (eat fresh)
* 3 mile walk/jog
* ran by my work to pick up tables I needed for a charity yardsale
* set up tables, got called to church to go through some left over yard sale stuff there (room mate and I stuffed my Dad's van FULL of goodies we could sell! It was quite a sight, us two girls loading up some pretty big and bulky items, the Van was definitely fully loaded)
* worked around the house with my Dad setting up for the sale
* had to run by the bank, and a couple stores to buy some birthday presents for some kiddies :)
* cooked dinner (Ham, Mac & Cheese, and Black eyed peas)
* watched a movie (Charlie St. Cloud, good movie!)
* had a tickle fight (I lost) with my fiance
* BED! Early, before 10pm. This has been happening more often lately! (It was at this time I realized I forgot to update my blog, I told myself I was sleepy, laptop was off, and I wasn't going to get sucked in to the world of blogs and be up for another hour)

Today was just as busy, just didn't do as much :P Worked the yardsale to benefit the Children's home from 630a-1pm. Rushed to clean that up so I could take the tables to a friend of mines house for her two boys joint birthday party! Hung out at the party for a couple of hours, and now I am about to watch another movie, and the plan is to sleep early again tonight. We shall see! I have a cool picture to share.

Doggy that stopped by our sale. He's huge(151lbs 2yrs)! His owner is a frequent shopper at our sales!  

Sadly, I have missed two days of the 30 days of truth blog :( I missed day 18 (as I updated my blog that day but never had a chance to go back and add my 30 days part, and of course day 19 was yesterday). My plan was to start it on the 1st and end it on the 30th since there is 30 days this month. So, I am not going to back track. I will just pick back up with today, day 20.


Day 20: I have very strong opinions on drugs and alcohol. I have had quite a few loved ones battle (and still CURRENTLY battling) addictions  that range from alcoholism to narcotics. I have seen first hand how these addictions destroy families and relationships. I've seen and personally know people that would rather blow their money on their addictions, than a place to live. I have a relative that is homeless due to an addiction. It seems when you are battling an addiction you push those that care THE MOST, away. You isolate yourself and drown in a sea of selfishness. I understand that these addictions are extremely hard to break, but I've seen them broke, and I KNOW it's possible. I have personally known people that were able to quit hard drugs, cold turkey, because it was what THEY wanted to do. I have long learned that I can't change people. The change HAS to come from within. But I do know that once the decision is made to make that change, it IS possible. As long as it is what you want, and you are determined, it can be done. I don't care what people say about an addict, there are NO hopeless causes. Everyone is able to make permanent changes in their lives, if they want to. My mom had a problem with alcohol and she was told she would NEVER recover. She proved them wrong. The day she found out she was pregnant with me, she never touched a drop of liquor again. She was sober for 16 years, up to the day she died. THAT takes true strength,  THAT is amazing to me.  To see a miracle, you must first see an impossibility. As far as alcohol goes, I DO drink. I am a social drinker though, and I don't drink to get drunk, nor do I drink often. Since Alcoholism runs in my family, I am more than careful with this, and I never, ever, drink to forget a problem.



Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 8: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment