Sunday, November 21, 2010

You can't find peace, until you find all the pieces.

Blog title today comes from one of my favorite television shows, The Locator. This is a show, in which, Troy Dunn reunites lost family members. Thus far Troy has helped over 40,000 people find long lost relatives, loved ones, etc.

This show is close to my heart as I have quite a few histories of adoption in my family. My mother was adopted, as well as my half sister. My mom was fortunate as she grew up in a wonderful family, and also was able to meet and have a relationship with her biological mother, and half sister later in life. My half sister and I are lucky as that while we were both growing up, we were aware of each other. As far back as I can remember, my mother always spoke of my older sister. What sucks is that my sister was not able to meet my mother (her biological mother) before she passed. I can't even imagine what it is like for my sister. Our mother passed three years before my sister and I actually met up for the first time EVER. Thanks to one of our wonderful aunts, we were able to meet (under semi odd circumstances, at the funeral of our biological grandmother). Regardless of the situation, I am just so happy that we were finally able to meet! Since then we have only been able to meet up a handful of times, as we live in different states, BUT I was able to be in her wedding which was very special to both of us (she will be in mine as well, so I can't wait to see her next year!)  Being able to hug her, and be with her in person was unexplainable. She resembles our mother in so many ways and I could without a doubt see my mother in her. It was like having a part of my mom come back to me. It was also very important to me because I was able to answer some questions for her. She wasn't aware that she hadn't been GIVEN up, but that she had been TAKEN away. I'm glad I was able to share much of our mothers love with her. Once we met in person and started communicating more, we realized how many random things (personality and otherwise) that we had in common! It was insane. This bond is definitely unbreakable. <3
My beautiful sister <3
1st time we met :)



Anyways, back to the show. I admit, I tear up on about 90% of the episodes. The quote from the blog title is true in so many ways. I have a very close friend of mine that has been missing a very important person in their life for years and they have many questions that remain unanswered. I've seen how it tears them up (even when they appear strong on the outside). This breaks my heart and I have been trying my hardest over the years to surprise this person with finding the lost loved one. I have not succeeded yet, but I will not give up, and every time I watch The Locator, my hope is renewed.

On a random note, on the way to church this AM, my fiance and I passed a HUGE brown cow outside of the pasture I'm sure he escaped from. This was on a main highway/intersection. He/She wasn't in the road YET, but I called 911 to report it before it caused an accident, as well as saw a cop car at a local convenience store right by where the cow was at, so I ran inside and told them as well. As we left I heard the cops on their walky talkys saying they were "headed out to deal with a cow in an intersection". Times like this I wish my camera was not dead! You don't see this in the city :D







Day 21: Today's topic was a bit weird for me. 
"(scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?" 
Seriously?! The fight would not matter AT ALL I'd immediately drop WHATEVER I was doing and say a prayer as I rushed to the hospital. I'd stay at the hospital as long as they needed me there and make sure they knew how much I love them.


Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 8:
Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21: (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment