Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Prayer & Day 27.

Today was a wonderful day with my family, up until an evil addiction reared its ugly face. I won't go in to great detail, but I will say that I have loved ones that are battling various addictions, whether it be alcohol, narcotics, or something else. I also have loved ones that have BEAT these same addictions, and been clean for years. Praise God. Because of them, and other inspirational cases I have seen or heard, I know that it is completely possible to turn your life over to God at ANY time, repent from your sins, and live a life full of happiness and peace. Addictions have a way of ripping families apart. I witnessed it first hand tonight as one family member "stole" a brand new item (purchased today) valued at $350 from another family member and took off on a bicycle down the street to "trade" this item for who knows what. Or maybe even to pay a debt already owed? No one knows. What I do know is this event was witnessed as it happened, and thankfully after much (loud) drama, the item was recovered from a house down the street and given back to the rightful owner. When you are using and not in your right mind, you will stoop to the lowest of low, including stealing from your own family.

Please help me to pray for those who are lost to themselves, who do harm to themselves and to others, who at times lie and manipulate because they engage in alcohol, drug or other addictions. May those living this life find healing, connection to themselves and connection to their Creator. Lord please soften their hearts to the possibility of healing as all things are possible through you. My heart is heavy with sorrow at the fact that there is nothing I can do to "cure" these addicts, Lord please help me to accept that I can not change their addictions. I pray for guidance, and that you would continue to work through me as I help those that are willing to be helped. Lord I pray that you would just wrap your arms of comfort around all those that are currently battling addictions, and that they would feel your unconditional love and crave more of it. I pray all these things in Jesus heavenly, and most precious name. Amen.








Day 27: I can't say I have one "best" thing going for me. I am blessed in so many ways. I am engaged to be married next year (which is quickly approaching). I am employed. I have a roof over my shoulders, food on my table, and bills are able to be paid. I have a car that gets me where I need to go. I have a wonderful support system that consists of family and friends. I have the best puppy ever that is currently cuddled up in my lap as I type this. I am growing in Faith. All in all, I have no complaints. God is good! <3

Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.  
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.  
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 8:
Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16:
Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17:
A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18:
Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19:
What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20:
Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21:
(scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22:
Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25:
The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26: Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27: What’s the best thing going for you right now?

Day 28: What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30: A letter to yourself: tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment