Friday, November 26, 2010

"You saved $587.11"

Ah, the sweet sounds of savings!

Black Friday has long been a tradition for me and one of my best friends. Sometimes (like today) I don't even have anything that I MUST have, I just go for the fun of it, the experience, and the tradition with my girlfriend. Of course, you know, whether or not you go with the intent of a specific item or not, you WILL find something. I went out today with no specifics, just stuff to look at, and ended up knocking almost everyone off my Christmas list! I may be done with Christmas shopping before December 1st. That will be a first!

I found that this year shoppers were much more pleasant. I didn't really run into any angry shoppers. Also, the crowd as a whole was different this year. Lines were much shorter. I think that the fact a few stores were open on Thanksgiving, as well as a few more opened early at midnight and 3am, that helped the crowds die out before I got their at my usual time of 430ish in the morning. JCP has some amazing sales and crazy lines! I was disappointed I didn't rack up on PJ bottoms at Old Navy as they were wiped out at midnight when they opened (so I heard) but all in all, todays experience was one of my better black friday experiences. I was out at 430am and in by 2pm.

The title of my blog today reflects how much I saved. That's right. I saved 587.11 between eight different stores. Not too shabby at all.

I must say, my fiance definitely beat me out with spending today though, he came home with a new truck! I can't complain though, he sent me out with his credit cards. ;) I am so extremely happy for him. I know the feeling of accomplishment that comes with buying a newer vehicle. Sure, the payments are a pain in the butt, BUT it's nice to know you have a warranty and no worries about constantly breaking down.

Here's a few pics of today's events. I'll do a recap of Thanksgiving Day events later, maybe tomorrow, or Sunday, after I've done my last celebration. One more stop tomorrow.


Attempted to start a day early!

gotta have some sort of organization

Waaaay too early. Before 5am.

Comfy walking shoes are a must
Chico was quick to snatch a stuffed animal I had bought out of my many bags

He then dropped it on the floor and looked at it, then me expectantly to pick it up

and then got mad when I didn't pick it up. LOL

Fiance driving up in his new ride. He made sure it had bucket seats so I could ride next to him AND was extended cab for a car seat one day :)

He's one happy guy!
Happy Shopping All. I hope you racked up some amazing savings as well.



 Day 26: Yes, if I am being honest here, I will say I thought about suicide as a much younger kid, elementary school to be exact. 5th grade. I just wasn't your typical happy child. I didn't have many real friends at that time, and I was kinda just existing. I got picked on a lot for being fat and quiet. I decided that my life was a gift, and much too precious to give up on and am so thankful I didn't. I can honestly say I love my life today and am very grateful for all the Lord has blessed me with.


Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.  
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.  
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 8:
Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16:
Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17:
A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18:
Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19:
What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20:
Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21:
(scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22:
Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)

Day 25: The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26: Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?

1 comment:

  1. Love the truck! I noticed that lines and customers were much better this year as well. <3

    ReplyDelete