Thursday, November 11, 2010

skipping work, sonic adventures, and hair 101

Last night was pretty awesome. I actually got to go to the First Baptist Children's home with some of my friends. They usually go once a month and I am rarely able to go due to work schedules. Since my work has slowed down A TON (after the elections) I saw only one job running today, and asked my boss if she could spare me so I could participate in a church event. SHE SAID YES! :) We went, ate pizza with the kids, played some dodgeball (I watched, too dangerous of a sport for me, I bruise way too easily!), and shared stories. With it being November, and Thanksgiving right around the corner, some of the kids shared what they are thankful for. One of the girls story really touched me. She said she was thankful that she had a recent visit with her parents. She was happy that she still has close communication with them and that even though she had been "mistreated, abused, and drugged up", she still loved them and was thankful for their visits. Our leader told her that was amazing, and asked how she could still keep her heart open, and show love, when so many wouldn't as they don't understand to love UNCONDITIONALLY, and not conditionally. Her answer brought tears to my eyes. She said "because God loves us, even though we sin every day, all the time, he still loves us unconditionally, and why should I not love my parents still, if God loves me so" Her answer was amazing. SHE GETS IT.

Afterward a group of 5 of us squeezed in to my car and took an impromptu road trip to a nearby city and hit up a Sonic for some Limeades since they don't have any Sonics in our own city! (We actually did have a purpose for this trip, we rode out with my room mate as she is still cat sitting until this weekend). A couple of Pineapple, Green Apple, Limeades later, we were in transit home jamming out to some great worship songs! Nothing better than singing praises at the top of your lungs with the windows rolled down (well, until you start to freeze)
"Well the thing I find most amazing, In amazing grace, Is the chance to give it out, Maybe that's what love is all about. I wish you could see me now,  I wish I could show you how, I'm not who I was."
- I'm not who I was, Bradon Heath.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, Your perfect love is casting out fear, And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life, I won't turn back,  I know you are near. And I will fear no evil, For my God is with me. And if my God is with me, Whom then shall I fear? Whom then shall I fear? Oh no, You never let go ,Through the calm and through the storm. Oh no, You never let go, In every high and every low, Oh no, You never let go, Lord, You never let go of me. And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on. A glorious light beyond all compare. And there will be an end to these troubles, But until that day comes, We'll live to know You here on the earth"
- You Never Let Go, Stellar Kart

On to day 11 of the 
I'd definitely say I get the most compliments by far on my hair! People constantly ask me where I get it done at, and I have referred quite a few (returning) customers to my awesome stylist! 






Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 8:
Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on. 



Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! My weekend has begun :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment