Saturday, November 6, 2010

IHEARTmySPCA, and other randomness

Soooo, I was working on my room today and how mad at myself was I when I realized that I should have taken some BEFORE photos. Like, Hello, right?! I took down my "travel" wall which consisted of some pretty awesome things ive accumulated over the years and places I've traveled. I'm sure I have a photo of it SOMEWHERE however not handy for me to have "before" and "after" shots. Oh well, guess I will just have the afters once I get to that point!

Yesterday was a pretty awesome day if I say so myself. Got some more stuff marked off my animal "to do" list! Now ALL 6 of my "babies" are up to date on their shots again. Taking proper care of pets can be quite expensive. I also bought this totally awesome tank top @ the SPCA. LOVE it because it's Pink & Yellow (two colors I am almost positive I will be using in my wedding!)
After getting some stuff marked off the good ol' TO DO list, I went to a really fun Unpland Improv @ SEU. I went with a good friend and my fiance and we had a blast laughing, and winning some free candy! You can never go wrong with free candy! Mhm! Afterwards, Ryan & I continued on out for a date night. BD's Mongolian Grill (Oh My Delish!!) SO GOOD! One of our regular date spots. :) A friend of mine from college was our server so we definitely got the hook up. Came home and watched a movie later, which meant I watched a movie and Ryan fell asleep. LOL.

Today hasn't been that eventful. Gym with a friend this morning, went and visited one of my elderly friends <3 from work today! She hasn't been able to return to work at the center after a surgery, so it was really nice getting to see her! Worked on my room for a bit, watched the latest episode of Oprah & Gayle's Yosemite Trip  (if you have never watched Oprah & her best friend Gayle go on trips together, I highly recommend it, I laugh so hard EVERY TIME!! They remind me so much of me and some of my best friends.) and now it's time to get ready for LIGHT THE NIGHT.

I hope everyone has a blessed weekend. Enjoy the time off (if you get it) and if not, make the best of what you do get!


Day 6: Something I hope I never have to do? I think the answers are pretty common for this one. I know the most common answer I have seen  is the hope to never have to bury a child. I don't have any children yet(one day!), so I couldn't even imagine that bond. I can relate from the other end though, with the premature loss of my mother, she passed when I was only a senior in high school. I think the loss of a parent, child, or any loved on for that matter, makes no difference at the time. The pain is always there, 1, 5, 10, even 50 years later. I'd like to say I hope to never have to bury my spouse, but now wouldn't that make me selfish because it'd mean he'd have to bury ME if I am not burying him? The fact of the matter is, we are all going to die(Life is a maybe, death is for sure. Sin is the cause, Christ is the cure!). It's inevitable. I think death is most peoples biggest fear. So I won't say I hope that I never have to deal with death, because I know that is just not possible, but I can say I hope I never have to make that live or death decision. I'd hope I'd never have to make that decision to save one person or the other, or to pull the plug on someone's life. I can't even imagine what emotions go through the minds of those that have had to experience that. <3 I think it's hard for me to think of some things I'd hope to never have to do, because I've already been faced with quite a few of them. I can say that you have to take the good with the bad, and just appreciate the experiences you are given as they make you stronger. Each day is a blessing from above. On a lighter note, I also hope I never have to spend time in jail/prison!

Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment