Sunday, December 12, 2010

Inspirational Quotes :)

I just got done watching last weeks episode of The Biggest Loser. I don't watch much TV, but that is one of my shows. :) I find the show so inspirational. I am in a constant struggle to live a more healthy lifestyle. I would like to lose 10lbs, not for looks, but to better my health. I KNOW that would help lower my cholesterol. While I go to the gym and workout fairly regularly, my problem is my passionate love affair with food. Ah, food. Most of my favorite foods are the ones that are not healthy for me. I need to retrain my taste buds to love the healthier options. Anyways, watching Biggest Loser tonight, I was yet again inspired. During this episode the 4 finalists were competing in a marathon. That's 26.2 MILES. WOW! The fact that these people, some that were 400lbs 3 months ago, can push their bodies to do that, AMAZES me. I have been wanting to start running now for about 2 years. Yes, I know that is  a long time. I reallyreally want to run a 5k one day (soon). I WALK 5k's ALL the time, so I got this. I know I can do it. I just will have to push my body really hard. I worry because I pretty bad back, and my chest gets tight when I run from my asthma, but it is my goal to start training for this soon. I have been hoping for an Ipod for Christmas. This could jump start my training. I plan to use the From Couch to 5k  website to help me figure this all out. My fiance started running in October, and he actually ran 9 miles straight about 6 weeks into his training. His running really does inspire me. :)

I figured I'd use this blog to leave some inspirational quotes I found today while googling:
  • I am only one,
    But still I am one.
    I cannot do everything,
    But still I can do something;
    And because I cannot do everything
    I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
           - Edward Everett Hale 
  • Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. - Benjamin Disraeli 
  • If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. - Mary Engelbreit 
  • The question should be, is it worth trying to do, not can it be done.  - Allard Lowenstein,
  • Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
  • Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting. - Elizabeth Bibesco
  • Your life is your message to the world. Make it inspiring. - Lorrin L. Lee
  • Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever. - Lance Armstrong
  • What other people label or might try to call failure, I have learned is just God’s way of pointing you in a new direction. - Oprah Winfrey
  •  The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit; but the greatest of these is Spirit.  - Ken Doherty
  • Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. - Leo Buscaglia
and my favorite quote:
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.  - Mahatma Gandhi 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment