Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Now, walk it out!

I walk.... a lot. But, not as much as I did last year.

At the start of 2009 a friend of mine and I made a pact that we'd walk to get into better cardio shape. Our plan was to walk and gradually start to jog. She lives on a beautiful lake that is about 3 miles long to walk, so walking that multiple times a week helped us rack up the miles. Last year I walked 518 miles. WOW! I just added up my walking so far this year and I was saddened to see that I only walked 289 so far. With only 3 full days left in 2010 I am afraid reaching or surpassing my numbers from last year is just not feasible. I guess I should have checked myself earlier in the year so I could have made myself walk more. Looking back at my log I had weeks last year in which I walked 20+ miles whereas this year my average for the week was 5-10. Not nearly as high. I know the summer months this year really hurt my numbers. I was sick literally the entire month of July and did not walk, hit the gym, or ANYTHING that month. It was also insanely hot all summer in Florida. I don't know how I walked that much last summer, if it was as hot. I would go walking at 8AM this year and be sweating by the time I was done at 9am. Ridiculous. Also, I went on more "hikes" in parks last year. I haven't really went on any yet this fall. Sadface!

But either way, for whatever reasons, I am disappointed in myself for not reaching a higher number of miles in 2010. But, what can I do? Just move on and know that 2011 will be better :) I have a new Ipod so now I will have an awesome music playlist to keep me motivated. I hope to actually start to jog (yes, though we planned it in '09, it has yet to happen). I have a bad back, and was worried about how jogging would effect it, and my chiropractor told me I shouldn't jog. BUT I see people on shows like the Biggest Loser that have bad backs as well, and still do amazing things. I want to do that too. So I am going to start slow, and see where it takes me.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment