Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bloggers Block

Sorry I've been MIA.

I have a serious case of bloggers block.

I have no creative blogging ideas at this moment.

And strangely enough, though I should have MORE free time as I've been on unpaid(yuck) vacation *aka work is slow due to holidays) since December 15th,  I seem to have LESS time due to various holiday events. How does that even WORK? I can't seem to figure it out, LOL.


BUT, I am trying to come up with some more creative posts, as well as work on an animal blog, since after all, that is where my passion lies.

I do have one quick inspiring story to share. This is from Saturday, the 18th. My church held an event for local woman and their children staying at a shelter. While I would have LOVED to attend this event as I want to inspire as many people as possible, I was unable to due to prior plans. I did however volunteer to sponsor a woman and child. I love to sponsor people during the holidays though I do admit I sometimes wonder if my gifts are going to a truly needy person as I want to ensure they do so that everyone gets something. Well, I received the info about my lady, she is 29 years old and has 3 children that are currently in foster care. I am not sure if the one little girl I sponsored was hers or not, but anyways, her wish list wasn't much, the main item on it was a flat iron. I bought her a cutesy flat iron from target, along with some other things here and there, smelly good anti bacterial stuff, gloves and a hat, a planner for her purse, etc. I wrapped them all up in one box and sent them to church with my room mate who was attending the event. My room mate told me later that when the lady I sponsored opened her gift she cried. How touching is that. I didn't get her much, but I got her enough that she truly felt blessed. I LOVE IT. My room mate said some women didn't even open their gifts because they wanted to save them to Christmas, as that is all they would get. It truly is a blessing to me to help people and I am glad I sponsored someone that was so appreciative. <3

Anyways, not much else. I'll leave you with a picture of me and my fiance from his company Christmas party that I had to rush to get ready for. Click here to read about that day. :)


I hope each and every one of you has had a blessed Christmas.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment