Friday, April 29, 2011

Welcome to the family, Bullseye & Wedding Photography

Happy Friday fellow bloggers. I hope you are all having a fantabuluous day. I may have just made that up, but, it's okay. I like the sound of it.

Here in good ol' Florida, things are, well, SUNNY. My husband, father, and some of our friends made the trek out to the Cape Canaveral area today to witness the last launch of Space Shuttle Endeavor. I wanted to go with, but it has been a rough week for me, physically. I have been in a lot of pain with my back and neck. A trip to the chiropractor early in the week, and a massage yesterday did not provide relief so I felt it was important to make another trip to the chiropractor today to try to get some relief as my honeymoon is right around the corner, and I DO NOT want to be stiff and not enjoy my vacation/honeymoon! SO, I stayed home instead of being crammed in the truck for hours at a time driving each way. Guess it's a good thing I did, it turned out to be a wasted trip anyways as I got the call from my husband around 1pm to let me know that the launch had to be postponed. I think the rescheduled date is Monday. Man, that was a waste of gas. I can only imagine my husbands face as he goes to fill up that Titan we talked about yesterday. But anyways, my title of today's blog is about Bullseye, so let's get to it:

If you've read precious blog posts, you may know that I found a puppy back in March. If you'd like to read the back ground, then you can back track and read Introducing Bullseye.

It's now been over 4 weeks since I found Bullseye. I've scoured lost and found ads, placed my own ads, called around, followed up (multiple times) at the plaza that he was found at, to no avail. No one came forward. I had a few people contact me through online ads that were not the original owners, but willing to take him in if I did not find a home. I turned all these people down. None of them seemed just right for him. For example one lady said she wanted to get a puppy for her kids, I asked how old her kids were, and they were 1 and 3. That is NOT the age to get a puppy. Puppies are a HUGE responsibility (hence why I debated keeping him myself) and they require a lot of time, attention, training, and, well, money. Shots, sterilization, food, flea prevention, sick visits, they all add up.

My husband and I debated it for some time. We knew that sooner or later we would want a new dog. He would get pick, as I already have my precious baby, Chico. My husband knew when we went to get a new dog, he wanted something with Jack Russel in it. He's always liked the breed. I really don't have a preference as long as I make a bond with the dog, and that he got a long with Chico. We weren't planning to get another dog until we move into a house of our own, as we currently live with my father, and my fathers two dogs. So currently Chico has two playmates, but when we move out, he'd be on his own, and that's why we wanted to make sure we had at least two dogs, so they could keep each other company.

So, in comes Bullseye. It's like a friend of mine said "sometimes we don't choose our pets, they choose us" and another friend told me that "that little dog sure lucked out when he found you, I don't think he realizes JUST how lucky he is, he found Mrs. SPCA. Always involved in helping pets somehow."

Since coming home with me, he has really made himself at home. He gets a long great with Chico, doesn't really play with the other two (well, they don't really like anyone but each other anyways, hence Chico was the odd one out) so it worked out perfectly. Now Tanner and Paris sleep next to each other, and keep each other company, and now Chico and Bullseye can do the same, though their time together consists much more of wrestlin', just like true brothers.

I took Bullseye in for his first set of puppy shots last week, and next month he will be getting a certain part of his male anatomy chopped off! He has definitely found his furever home. Chico might be a little jealous, and doesn't want to hear this, but we won't tell him: Welcome to the family, Bullseye.

Besides Chico's jealousy because he is spoiled, I think he really likes having his new friend around. He likes playing and having fun, he's just still learning how to share his "mommy".

Here's a video of the rompin' around on my bed. They do this 75% of the time. Bullseye definitely brings the puppy back out in Chico.









And a few pics:

Layin' around

Cuddled up to me

My husband and two fur-kids :)

Oh, and one last thing, before I sign off, if you are interested in seeing some more photography from the wedding, check out my photographers blog. I still plan to blog more about the wedding, but am waiting until I round up all my favorite photo's. Here's her blog from yesterday: Ryan & Heather's Wedding (Part One). If I don't blog again this weekend, have a beautifully blessed one everyone. Spring is here!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment