Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day, Guest Blogging, & Stencils

First and foremost with today being Memorial Day, I'd like to thank all of our service men (including some of my cousins) and women, past and present, for all that they've done, and continue to do for our great country. I hope that at some point today you take the time yourself to stop and remember the true meaning of today. All gave some, but some gave all.


Secondly, I am excited to say, I did my first appearance as a guest blogger! Yay! It was extremely exciting. Thank you Laura from Between the Lines for giving me this opportunity. Check out her blog today to see my guest post. And might I add, Larua is an Army wife, and she and her husband have been through two deployments together. May God continue to watch over and bless her little family.

Lastly, I have to blog about this because though it's a small find, I am so super stoked to have found them today.
STENCILS! or  "die cut letters" whatever the dollar store wants to call them. Either way, I've been looking for them for MONTHS now. See, my friend had bought some last year, and we used them to make some of our charity car wash signs. Well, I've been in need of them for various projects over the year and could never find them.... until today. Coincidentally me and that same friend happened to run into the dollar store today, and VOILA! There they were... for a $1 a piece. Yup, I bought one in every color, and may just go back for more.
The car wash sign was my project of the day.
I set up a car wash for my brother in law whom needs toy for a missions trip he's taking to Nicaragua with our church in July. Actually, quite a few of my friends are going, so I was happy to use set this car wash up.

Anyways, I am going to get off this ol' computer and go find something to do (that's NOT the beach or pool as they are way to crowded on holidays)

I hope each and every one of you enjoy the day, and as I said above, take a moment to remember the real reason we celebrate Memorial Day.

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for guest blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sign is perfect! Easy to read and straight to the point! THANKS for helping us with our trip!!

    ReplyDelete