Friday, May 20, 2011

My couponing trip & a popcorn treat

Yesterday I attempted my first "extreme couponing" trip. It was a small trip, but successful. I saved 85%. I got $20 worth of goodies for $2.78. I organized some coupons the night before and went in knowing exactly what I wanted. I went to Publix and used two printable coupons($1 off) for the Ronzoni Quick Cook pasta. The pasta was BOGO $1.29 so I bought one for $1.29 and got one free. So, my total for four boxes was $2.78, minus my two coupons at $1 off each, I left Publix paying .78 cents for 4 boxes of pasta. I went to Target and used three coupons on the John Freida Shampoo and Conditioner. I used a printable from the target website for $3 off any TWO John Freida products and then I used two $3 off manufacturer coupons from a Sunday paper Smart Source coupon booklet. I also had two manufacturer coupons for the Sensodyne toothpaste, I ended up paying a total 0f $2.09 at Target for the shampoo, conditioner and two tubes of toothpaste. Not bad considering ONE bottle of the shampoo itself is $4.99 and I got it ALL for $2.09
My goodies :)

So yeah, I was pretty happy with my first attempt at couponing! 85% not bad at all.

Now this next part of the blog is going to be a bit random, but I wanted to share one of my weird, yet good not healthy treats with ya'll. Who hasn't had a craving of sweet and salty at the same time? Well, when I get that craving (like I did a few nights ago when these pictures were taken), I make a popcorn treat. I pop my salty buttery popcorn, and then, prepare yourselves, as it sounds nasty, but then, I drizzle honey and chocolate syrup over it, and no, I am not pregnant! I've been making this for years. It's actually very tasty, so don't knock it til you try it.














Also, on a side note, I am trying to spruce up my blog a little bit, so you will notice new sections coming to the top. So far I've added an about me section, as well as Mr. & Mrs. This tells you a little bit more about me, and my life outside of this wonderful blog world. I also added 365 - a project I am participating in, in which you upload one photo each day. The end result is your world via pictures for an entire year. Oh, and I added 4Paws4Love which is a group me and three friends founded back in 2005. I am the only one that is still actively involved in continuing 4paws4love, as it is my passion and I plan to keep evolving it. Hope you enjoy!

Stay tuned, as I have a few more wedding related blogs that I need to get up. More pictures to come from my perfect day.

Oh yeah, and tomorrow I am beachin' it with a great group of friends. Me & some friends decided instead of doing our usual young adults fellowship at church, why not go to the beach? We will have some fun in the sun, hopefully I will have pictures to share soon! I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing weekend.

XOXO


Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment