Tuesday, May 17, 2011

a special Christmas present

A text from my sister last night reminded me of a special gift I sent her for Christmas in 2009. 

The text simply said: Making cheese garlic biscuits! :) <3

You see, in 2009 I sent my sister who lives in Kansas a recipe box, full of recipes on cute index cards that were hand written. That's a lot coming from me, I am not a fan of hand writing anything, and to boot, I have the hand writing of a doctor. It's horrible! Regardless of my feelings over writing stuff, I wrote out numerous recipes and placed them in a recipe box for her. I wish I'd taken pictures of it, because it was such a good, personal, gift idea; perfect for any cook in your life.

It was especially meaningful because not only did I send her some of my favorite recipes, but some of our mothers' (whom she never met after she was placed for adoption before she was a year old) as well. So, with her being miles away from me, having these recipes are a way to incorporate me into her kitchen and every day life. :)

SHE LOVED IT!

I figured I'd post the recipe from the above text here today:

Cheesy Garlic Biscuits (like Red Lobster)

Ingredients for biscuits:
4 cups of Bisquick mix
1 cup of milk
1 cup of cheddar cheese

Ingredients for glazed topping:
3/4 stick of butter
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp of parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix your biscuit batter, drop spoonfuls of batter onto a buttered cooking pan. Melt your butter in the microwave. Add your powders to the butter, brush over the batter mix that's on pan. Garnish tops of biscuits with parsley. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Quirk this recipe to your liking. :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment