Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Support for Joplin, MO

I came across this info on another blog today, and had to share. It's a way we can send care packages of support to those effected by the horrific storms and tornadoes in Joplin, MO.


Needed Supplies
Baby supplies (including diapers, wipes, A&D Ointment, baby food and juices)
Convenience food (snack type)
Deodorant
Diabetic Monitors with Strips
First aid supplies
Over the counter medications (mainly tylenol)
Pet food
Shampoo and Conditioner
Soap and body wash
Soap Powders and Cleaning Supplies
Sunscreen and Bug Spray
Toothpaste and Tooth Brushes

They are asking that we refrain from sending clothing.

Please send the boxes to:
Disaster Relief
c/o Pentecostal Church of God
4901 Pennsylvania Avenue
Joplin, MO 64804

If you want to see the original post about this, click HERE to go to the couponing to Disney blog.

If you are able to support this cause at all, please please put together a small or large (whatever you can afford) care package and ship it on out. These people need all the love and support they can get right now as they start the rebuilding process. 

May God provide them peace and comfort in this difficult time.

Live simply, so that others may simply live.

If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.    1 John 3:17-18

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do. - Edward Everett Hale 


Make sure you take time today (and everyday) to tell your loved ones you love them. Tomorrow is NOT a gurantee.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I mailed a small box of toiletries via Fed Ex on Monday. I hope you get it and that it is put to good use!

    God Bless!

    The Barretts

    ReplyDelete