In a hurry today, but still wanted to attempt a blog so I am doing a quickie.
25 Things you may or may not know about me:
1. I have a birthmark on the front of my right leg right just above my foot that looks like a bunny rabbit.
2. I’ve only been in two real relationships that actually had meaning to me. One lasted on and off for about 7 years and the other is my fiance whom I can't wait to marry!
3. I’ve worked at the same place for 8 years and in that time I have been a research assistant, supervisor, human resource associate, floor manager, center manager, quality assurance, operations technical manager, and client service manager.
4. While I absolutely love music, I am very bad with artist names so don’t ask who sings the song I love because usually I hear lyrics I like and then have to google them to find out for myself who sings it. I know, that’s pathetic.
5. I am a published poet. I wrote a lot as a teenager, not so much any more.
6. I tend to turn my heard and grit my teeth when I see a dead animal coming up on the road. I sometimes even say a prayer for them.
7. Growing up I thought I didn’t want kids. After I turned 23 all that changed. Now I can’t wait to be called mommy!
8. My friends are my backbone. Without them I honestly don’t know where I’d be. A lot of people are blessed with a big family, I am blessed with truly having great friends that have turned into family
9. I truly believe that losing my mom at 17 has shaped me into who I am today. I had to grow up quick. I’ve been paying a mortgage and all other bills since I was17!
10. Stress is my worst enemy. I have been a worrywart since I can remember. I worry about the smallest things. I know it’s a bad habit. I’m working to change that. In the last year I’ve learned to just trust in God and everything will work itself out and I must say I don't worry about things nearly as much.
11. I started attending church regularly in April of 2008. I have Ty to thank
for that because he never gave up on insisting I join him at church one day! I
think he tried for at least 4 months before I finally gave in and went to an
evening service in April. I can’t even explain the change I felt in myself ever since. I love it!
12. My passion is non-profit work. I love helping others. If I had the money to
finance it, I’d love to run my own animal shelter. I so admire the people ofBest Friends Animal Society. What they do is amazing stuff! Anyone that works in the non-profit world deserves much respect. They are way underpaid and do more than you’ll ever know.
13. I don't wear make up much at all. BUT I like playing with eye shadow My best friend Sara had to teach me :D
14. I’ve been told by more than one person that I am a horrible driver. To each their own I guess. I do admit I’ve had my fair share of tickets: speeding, careless driving, failure to obey a traffic signal.
15. For some odd reason, I adore Sandhill Cranes. I think they are beautiful creatures. One time I saw one get hit and witnessed the other one freaking out, and I literally went back to work and cried. My heart hurt so bad for the one left alone because from what I’ve been told they mate for life.
16. I have quite a few burn marks on my left hand. Apparently my left side is not
meant to be near the oven.
17. I’ve been driving since 15 and had never hit an animal until last year. Since then I’ve hit a squirrel, turtle, bunny, and either a possum or armadillo. Horrible experiences for me.
18. I’ve had a peeping tom before. One night when I was unloading groceries in the kitchen I turned around and saw this guy that had been doing yard work for a neighbor standing in my backyard watching me through the window. He tapped on the window “shhh’d” me with his finger and motioned for me to come outside. I freaked out and called my Dad who went off on him. Never seen him again.
19. I am too forgiving for the most part, and I recognize that. I find it very hard to stay mad at anybody, it's wasted energy. While I may forgive easy, I don't forget, stuff stays in my overactive mind forever. Don't mistake my kindness as a weakness.
20. While I do workout regularly, I am not that athletic. I am very very uncoordinated and ultra clumsy. I could have never played sports. I have been tossing a football more though. That's progress for me.
21. I have a horrible memory. I forget things that I need to remember and remember things that I need to forget. Ask me what I did yesterday and I would probably have to think about it yet I remember random things like what song played as I drove away from a break up or something crazy like that.
22. I love to travel and experience new things. Going to Europe(France/England/Italy) in 2005 was truly a blessing. I've got to visit some cool big cities like New York City, San Fransisco, Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami and Atlanta. I've also been to Ohio, Virgina and Kansas.
23. I was the brattiest kid ever growing up and sometimes neighborhood kids were banned from hanging out with me. Neighbors used to tell my mom how out of control I was and that I'd be pregnant by the time I was 16 due to lack of discipline. Funny, I think I turned out just fine.
24. 99% of the time you will notice I wear an Orange wrist band. Orange is the color used to represent Leukemia and I've had two closed friends touched by it.
25. I get asked a lot if I have a tongue ring. It's because I have a silver crown from when I was younger. I guess it shines sometimes when I am talking and looks like a tongue ring.