Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall "Spring" Cleaning

What is the equivalent of spring cleaning? Whatever it is, I am in the process of doing so!

I want to rearrange my room with some nifty little (or not so little) storage organizers such as these:





I plan to have a yard sale next weekend to get rid of some clutter and make a little bit of extra $$$ while I am at it!

I hope to go shopping this weekend and buy some of the things I need for the "redecorating" of my room! Pics will follow as I finish the projects. :) Hopefully it will turn out nice! I wish I was more of the creative, artsy type, but hey, I do what I can.

Anyways, I just thought I'd drop a quick line of update and now I am off too lunch with my fiance and some of his coworkers/friends. We are going to Moes. WELCOME TO MOES! 

** Update to come later with my day 4 of 30 days of truth as Im in a time crunch right now ** 

** Update: 2:52pm**

Lunch was DELISH! I love their queso!

After dropping the crew back off at work, I drove by the good ol' Publix Birthday Cake. I guess this is a symbol that the 1st Publix was born here? :)



 Before I made it home, I swung by a good friend of mines house to pick up some magazines she had been saving up for me to give to my cousin. We both save any and all magazines we come across and give them to my cousin as she spends 3 days a week for 3 hours each day, in Dialysis for Kidney disease. Needless the say, these magazines go a long way with helping pass time. Here's a pick of the magazines I am taking today.


Sorry for the sporadic blog today! That's how most of my days are, sporadic! LOL. I'll leave you with day 4 of the
I will admit, I am a very forgiving person. I don't hold grudges. Day 4 is "something you have to forgive someone for". I had to think long and hard about this. Truthfully, I can forgive easy, but I have an extremely hard time FORGETTING. It is one of life's greatest arts to know what to forget and what to remember. People become collectors of the wrongs that were done against them, and this can drive the love completely from their souls and make them a bitter person. You should not nurture your anger. Christ taught the great lesson (one that I still struggle with daily) of forgetting AND forgiving. If you keep records of all the wrongs committed against you, you may miss some of the rights. Some awesome quotes from the Bible on forgiveness:
When you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in Heaven may forgive you your sins. Mark 11:25 NIV
Do not say "I will repay evil"; wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you. Proverbs 20:22 ESV
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven. Luke 6:37 KJV

With this being said, I can honestly say I have forgiven all that have hurt me or done wrong by me (and I have been hurt) I will also honestly say that I am still working hard on forgetting. The people that have hurt me in the past have profusely apologized time and time again. It means a lot to me that they care enough about me to admit their wrongs, work to fix them, and remind me of their apologies. I have a friend of mine that still apologizes to this day for stuff that happened YEARS ago. I keep reminding them that *I* have forgiven them, and that if they have the need to continually apologize to me, then maybe it's them, themselves, that need to forgive themselves?

Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe in forgetting. I believe in moving forward carefully.

    ReplyDelete