Monday, December 6, 2010

On Top Of The World - My Proposal

I kept saying sooner or later I'd post the story of my proposal and I figure since I am going to (hopefully) buy my wedding dress tomorrow, there is no better time than today! Most of the story can be told through pictures (so thankful his family was there to take pictures that we will cherish forever) but the short version of the story is:

* he took me to visit his aunt and uncle in his favorite city, Chicago, on Valentines Day weekend.
* he planned a visit to the Sears Tower, one of his favorite places, on February 13th, 2010.
* he got down on one knee and proposed in front of hundreds of people, hundreds of feet up high, in one of those clear boxes at the very top of the Sears's Tower.
* Apparently everyone knew but me, one of my best friends had helped him shop for a ring, he'd asked my dad for permission to marry me, and he told numerous other friends. I'm surprised I didn't find out!
* I am a bit afraid of heights and am just thankful I did not pass out. The proposal definitely took some of the anxiety away :D
Totally clueless, fiance to be.
He's got a plan!

If I only knew what he had in mind
And off we go, train ride to the city!
Popped out the ring
Shocked face. "I want you to be my wife. Will you marry me?"
"Omgosh! Yes!"
Look at that view, that's the street below us on the left!
Putting the ring on.
He liked it, so he put a ring on it!
Smooches.
Layin' in the clear box, after I said yes.

A few facts about Sears Tower
- it is now known as Willis Tower.'
- it's the tallest building in the western hemisphere and the 5th tallest in the world.
- the sky deck boxes extend about four feet out, 1353 feet up high in the air.
- the Sky Deck attracts more than 1.3 million visitors yearly. about 25,000 daily
- the sky deck is on the 103rd floor, but the tower stands 110 stories high
- there is 25,000 miles of plumbing. 206 restrooms, that take 99 janitors to to keep them all clean
- the tower can be seen from Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, and of course Illinois.


I got engaged in:
 
 Wish me luck dress shopping tomorrow!

 XOXO :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone! I am the aunt that helped plan it and I think that I need to add the whole behind the scenes that lead up to the proposal. It was all wonderful and Ryan KNOWING that he was getting a great women was sooo nervous. As we were in the elevator going up in the Sears Tower we all KNEW what was going to happen and kept looking at Ryan. It was the longest elevator ride ever!! I also need to add that when Ryan got down on one knee people moved away realizing what he was doing and I could hear awwwwww. Heather is a great woman and our family loves and adores her!!! Welcome to the family!!!!

    ReplyDelete