Well hello blog world. :) I must apologize because I have been neglecting you. In my defense, I will say my wedding is right around the corner (82 days to go) and that has been keeping me pretty well occupied.
Anyways, a blogger I follow regularly, She Breathes Deeply, has decided to start Project 31. Celebrate your beauty. Here is how she defines the project:
What is "Project 31"? It is a collection of thoughts, ideas, and women who potray beauty in a inspired way. "Project 31" is you celebrating your God given beauty, and celebrating the beautiful women around you. The meaning behind the project is taken from this:
10 Who can find a virtuous wife?
For her worth is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband safely trusts her;
So he will have no lack of gain.
12 She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
13 She seeks wool and flax,
And willingly works with her hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
She brings her food from afar.
15 She also rises while it is yet night,
And provides food for her household,
And a portion for her maidservants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
From her profits she plants a vineyard.
17 She girds herself with strength,
And strengthens her arms.
18 She perceives that her merchandise is good,
And her lamp does not go out by night.
19 She stretches out her hands to the distaff,
And her hand holds the spindle.
20 She extends her hand to the poor,
Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of snow for her household,
For all her household is clothed with scarlet.
22 She makes tapestry for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates,
When he sits among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies sashes for the merchants.
25 Strength and honor are her clothing;
She shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “ Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all.”
30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.
Day 2. What makes you uniquely you?
Day 3. Who is someone you know who inspires beauty?
Day 4. Style 31. Post a pic of you in your favorite outfit.
Day 5. Write a blog thanking someone who has made your heart come alive.
Day 6. Jaded beauty. Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?
Day 7. Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman.
Day 8. Have a beauty secret (e.g. hair tip, make up tip)? Share, please!
Day 9. What virtues do you value in yourself?
Day 10. What is Jesus teaching you as a wife, mom, or friend? (Or just woman in general?)
Day 11. Post a recipe. Or if you don't cook, try a new recipe and write about how it turned out (pictures please!).
Day 12. Write about what wears you out as a woman.
Day 13. Write about something you would like to change about yourself for the better.
Day 14. Style 31. Post an outfit pic!
Day 15. Write to encourage a friend. Inspire her beauty.
Day 16. Write a letter to your daughter, or a young girl in your life. Tell her what beauty means.
Day 17. Write about 3 things that make you happy.
Day 18. Describe your personality.
Day 19. Write about your favorite comfort food (we are women- we ALL have comfort food!)
Day 20. Write about your job and why you love it or hate it.
Day 21. Write a letter to your husband to encourage him (or if you are single- your future husband.)
Day 22. What are some needs that need to be met in your community? Blog about how to extend your hand to those who need you.
Day 23. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
Day 24. What is Jesus teaching you presently?
Day 25. Style 31. Post a pic of your favorite comfy clothes.
Day 26. What do you hope your grandchildren will say about you someday when you are gone?
Day 27. Write a blog to encourage someone and build their confidence!
Day 28. Write about your insecurities as a woman.
Day 29. Write about "a day in the life of me." (Pics are great!)
Day 30. Who is your role model as a woman?
Day 31. Write about your dreams and goals as a beautiful woman!
SOOOOO, here I go with day 1:
The worlds "definition" of beauty is not accurate. 1 Samuel 16:7 says The Lord doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. You can look at someone that you may perceive as the most beautiful person you have ever seen, on the OUTSIDE, but they could actually be the ugliest person you have ever met on the INSIDE. I truly believe beauty comes from within.
* Beauty is my Heavenly Fathers love for me, little ol' sinner me. He loved me enough to give his only son, so that I could exist. He knows me inside and out. His plan for me is beyond my comprehension.
* it is me being able to love myself for who I am, not what I can become. I am a work in progress, every day. Yes, I can become a better person, and I will, but I will still exude beauty every step of the way
* is my ability to feel comfortable enough in my own skin to rarely wear make-up. (I am not saying if you do wear make-up you are not beautiful, I know you are!) I actually do enjoy wearing make-up, but it makes me incredibly happy that it is not a requirement of my day. I can go with or without.
* is my relationship with my fiance. We have definitely had our share of road bumps in our relationship, and we are stronger than ever. I truly feel he is God's provision for me. I am so thankful to have found him.
* is my mother. May she rest in peace. She always made me feel beautiful and loved.
* is my father. Our relationship is unique, but I will always be daddy's little girl
* is my doggy Chico.
* is being able to forgive someone, and being forgiven.
* a sunset or a sunrise. They are equally beautiful but I prefer a sunset at AMI.
* being able to love unconditionally. Much of todays love is conditional and it should not be.
* generosity. I am so moved by acts of kindness. Many times I have stood in a line waiting to donate something and literally been moved to tears as I watched the other people around me doing the same.
* finding lost loved ones. watching a reunion of loved ones is so beautiful.
These are just a few of the ways I perceive beauty. What is beauty to YOU?