Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Baby Goats & What'd I'd change about me.

My fiance knows how much I LOVE animals, especially baby animals, so he took me over to his friends house to show me some baby goats. Now, the funny part of this story is, his friends goats wanted nothing to do with us. Thankfully, the house is surrounded by land, and many neighbors have goats that happened to have babies (LOTS of them) as well. And guess what? Yup, they WANTED us to pay them attention. They were SO affectionate. I don't know how they got the babies that tame, but am guessing they have kids that spend lots of time cuddling them. They were craving our attention SO bad that they would literally squeeze through the fence and come over to hang out with us. We played with them each for a bit before putting them safely back over the fence, only to see them run back after us again. Haha. It was so much fun :) I think the funniest part was when a BIG goat BIT me. I actually have a bruise from it (that showed up IMMEDIATELY). It was when the babies first ran over to us, I was petting them and SO excited so as I was squatting down with my arm through the fence, I looked back to my fiance and said excitedly "Hey baby, LOOK! The babies are all coming over, they want to be.... OOWWW! he bit me!" I was TRYING to say they wanted to be petted. LOL. Here's a few pics from the day. Are they not adorable? Oh my! Thanks to my friend over at DaisyPetals for the first two pics from the day :)

They wanted to nurse


Coming through the fence

He was a favorite. So tiny. So cute

<3 the markings on this one

This MAY have been the big one that bit me

Well, heylo.


This is my friend, DaisyJo. Check out her blog! Link above

Goat Family :)


As for Project 31, today is my day 13. What would I like to change about me for the better?
I would like to change the way I come off to people sometimes. I am told that I have a way of making people feel guilty and I do not like that at all. It's totally unintentional but I've been told by a few people. I know it's in my tone of voice and my choice of words. I have been working on it over the last year, and I hope that I am making progress. I do not think I am perfect, in fact I KNOW I am not perfect and I don't want anyone to ever get the impression that I think I am better than them. Sometimes my tone of voice can be accusatory. I am hoping by taking more time to think about what and how I say something, that this will fix itself naturally.

THE LIST:


Day 1.  What does beauty mean to you?
Day 2.  What makes you uniquely you?
Day 3.  Who is someone you know who inspires beauty?
Day 4.  Style 31.  Post a pic of you in your favorite outfit.
Day 5.  Write a blog thanking someone who has made your heart come alive.
Day 6.  Jaded beauty.  Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?
Day 7.  Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman.
Day 8.  Have a beauty secret (e.g. hair tip, make up tip)?  Share, please!
Day 9.  What virtues do you value in yourself?
Day 10.  What is Jesus teaching you as a wife, mom, or friend? (Or just woman in general?)
Day 11.  Post a recipe.  Or if you don't cook, try a new recipe and write about how it turned out (pictures please!).
Day 12.  Write about what wears you out as a woman.
Day 13.  Write about something you would like to change about yourself for the better.

Day 14.  Style 31.  Post an outfit pic!
Day 15.  Write to encourage a friend.  Inspire her beauty.
Day 16.  Write a letter to your daughter, or a young girl in your life.  Tell her what beauty means.
Day 17.  Write about 3 things that make you happy.
Day 18.  Describe your personality.
Day 19.  Write about your favorite comfort food (we are women- we ALL have comfort food!)
Day 20.  Write about your job and why you love it or hate it.  
Day 21.  Write a letter to your husband to encourage him (or if you are single- your future husband.)
Day 22.  What are some needs that need to be met in your community?  Blog about how to extend your hand to those who need you.
Day 23.  What are your strengths?  What are your weaknesses?
Day 24.  What is Jesus teaching you presently?
Day 25.  Style 31.  Post a pic of your favorite comfy clothes.
Day 26.  What do you hope your grandchildren will say about you someday when you are gone?
Day 27.  Write a blog to encourage someone and build their confidence!
Day 28.  Write about your insecurities as a woman.
Day 29.  Write about "a day in the life of me."  (Pics are great!)
Day 30.  Who is your role model as a woman?
Day 31.  Write about your dreams and goals as a beautiful woman!
Happy Hump Day Ya'll!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment