Monday, February 21, 2011

A Variety of Causes

If you haven't figure it out by now, non profit is a passion of mine. I love raising money for these causes. If I could find employment with one of my favorite causes, that would be SO awesome. I have three causes that are near and dear to me.



Typically I raise money from Jan 1st - mid April for the Relay for Life and the SPCA as they both have a huge event in April. It does make it kind of hard for me though as I am constantly asking for donations from friends, family, and strangers for not one but two events. A group of friends and I usually go all out with our efforts including: bake sales, car washes, yard sales, events we host, and online fund raising. I know we have raised over $10,000 for the SPCA. I have never tallied our totals for Relay for Life but we have been doing it since 2008 and I would estimate we've raised close to $5,000. This year is a bit bittersweet because while I am still raising money online, I am not able to go all out as usual. With my upcoming wedding (which happens to be the same weekend as the SPCA event) I don't have many free weekends. BUT, this won't stop me, I am going to raise as much as possible ONLINE. 

Currently I am raising money for the Relay for Life. You can click HERE to visit my fund raising site for that. I have raised $65 of my $250 goal. Care to help me out? :)

I would LIKE to be raising money for the SPCA event as it is LESS than two months away, but they have been a little slow with getting their online donations set up this year. Oh well, I will work with what I can, once it's live and ready to go.

I also have quite a few friends that are doing their own various fund raisers. Take a peek, maybe one of them is supporting a cause close to your heart. 

DaisyJo over at Daisy Petals is currently raising money for Cystic Fibrosis. You can help her find a cure by clicking HERE 

Another friend is also raising money for CF. It is VERY close to her heart as 3 of her 4 beautiful children have CF. Please help her find a cure. Click HERE

My friend over at Live, Laugh, Love is joining me raising money for the Relay for Life. This event is even closer to her heart as she IS a Leukemia Survivor. You can support her by clicking HERE.

I have another friend currently raising money for AIDS Awareness. You can help her by clicking HERE 

Another friend, who suffers from epilepsy, if raising money for the Epilepsy foundation. You can help her by clicking HERE.

And last but not least, I have a friend that is not raising money for this cause, but participates actively and it's awesome. She has adopted a soldier. You can do the same by clicking HERE. You can become pen pals with a soldier, send them care packages, and even meet up when they come home. You could really lift their spirits as they are over seas. Such a cool cause. :)

If you're a friend of mine raising money for something and I did not list you here, I apologize. Leave a comment with your fund raising link.

Good luck to all my friends raising money for causes near to their heart. I understand how hard it is to raise money, but don't give up, theses causes are all important. 

Hope everyone has a blessed Monday, and week ahead!

XOXO

1 comment: