Monday, April 25, 2011

The irony of a first birthday.

Easter weekend has come and gone. While I felt incredibly blessed, I know quite a few others that are struggling with understanding why things happen the way they do. Only God knows why. He has a plan for each and every one of us, from the moment we are conceived. Plans that we may never fully understand.

My room mate gave me a prayer request about three weeks ago to pray for a family she knew through work as their one year old son was having complications after open heart surgery. I had been praying, without knowing who the family was, just lifting them up from what I knew (that the baby's name was Brayden). Well, baby Brayden passed away on Friday morning. I still had no clue who this family was, but continued to lift them up, and help my room mate find ways that we could help them financially.

Part of my Saturday plans included attending the first birthday of a friend of mine since high schools baby boy. I knew this would be hard for me, as my heart was breaking for another family, just down the street, that I knew was mourning the loss of their own one year old. As my room mate, friend and I drove to pick up the pizza for the birthday party, my room mate mentioned that my friend and I may know the family that lost the baby as the mother went to high school with us. She told us the name and immediately my friend and I were both like "omgosh, we KNOW her!" Now, I don't know her on a level where we were super close at any point, but I had been to her house before, and I knew her through high school and mutual friends. It was just so ironic for me to be attending a birthday party celebrating the life of one bouncing baby boy, and then heading over to the house of another family that was mourning the loss of their baby boy. Talk about a roller coaster of emotions.

I enjoyed my time with my friend during her son's party, and am happy I went, and then when I left, I went to the other families house to show my support during their time of need. Even though me and the mother haven't had contact in YEARS I was glad that I could show up, offer my support and set up an event online for a car wash they are having to raise money for the services and hospital bills that have added up.

If you are interested in helping that family out financially you can call or go to ANY MidFlorida bank. The toll free number if you are calling from out of state is 1-866-913-3733. It's BRAYDEN SCHAFFER'S MEMORIAL ACCOUNT.

Rest in peace Brayden. <3

Also, over the weekend, yesterday to be exact, I saw through a friend of mines facebook page that her little sister was in a jet ski accident in which her little sister lost one of her legs from the knee down. What a tragic accident. I am just so thankful to know that the young girl (she's 14) that lost part of her leg, has an amazing support system of family and friends, who also have a strong FAITH. And I KNOW this will be what gets her through this tough time.

My prayers are with both of these families in their time of need. Just remember, Our God IS good, and he IS able. 

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. - Psalm 34:18

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning, or crying, or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. - Revelation 21:4

  XOXO

PS - I still have tons to say from my wedding this past weekend, and upcoming honeymoon! More to come soon, promise. This was just on my heart today and I could not possibly blog about myself when so many bigger things are going on right now. In the mean time, you can check out my friends blog about the wedding. Wedding Bells Part 2 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment