Saturday, June 18, 2011

Google let me down.

So, I am a huge fan of google. I google practically everything. Any time someone asks me something I don't know, my reply is "I'm not sure, google it".

WELL, google let me down, epically on Thursday. Sigh.

While I blame google, it's partially my fault, and I know that. I should have been more prepared.

Here's how the story goes (true story). I had an appointment set at a hair salon I'd never been at before. It's pretty far away, in a different city. I was going there because a friend of mine (whom I haven't seen in YEARS) works there. I wanted a change, so I booked an appointment with her.

Well, I thought  the salon she worked at was located in Altamonte Springs, BUT when I googled it, it gave me an address in Orlando. Even better I thought, that's about 30 minutes closer to me than I thought it was.

Did I once think to double check that address? or go to the OFFICIAL salon website? Nope.

So, I had this address in mind. I even had my husband get directions for me the next day. When he told me the exit, I was excited, because I was a bit familiar with the exit, family used to live off it. He even zoomed in on google maps and showed me how different buildings should look at the few turns I'd be making once off the interstate.

I was ready to go! I decided not to bring my good ol' TomTom GPS, as I was pretty familiar with this exit, and it was only two turns from there.

BIG mistake.

My appointment was at 11am. I left  by 9:30am, to be safe, I figured that would put me there about 30 minutes early. And I always like to be early.

If I only knew what the day would bring.

I hate driving. If you know me, you know that. 9x out of 10, even if I take my car somewhere, if there is a passenger with me, I let them drive. Well, I went by myself, so I had no choice but to drive. Sometimes I get anxiety when I drive. I don't understand why, I never had issues with it in the past, but in early 2006, I started to suffer. UGH! But yeah, I was a little anxious this trip, and I was OH SO HAPPY to see exit 75ish that I thought I needed.

I followed my memory to a tee, passed the building Ryan had showed me in google maps. Pulled into what I thought was the plaza that the salon was in. Relaxed for a few minutes to calm my interstate driving nerves, then figured I'd call the salon to find out exactly where they were at in this big plaza.

The receptionist says "Um, I'm not sure where you are. I've never heard that address before." LAST THING I WANTED TO HEAR AT THAT MOMENT. She gives me the new address, on Altamonte Springs Drive and I say "Uh oh, I am assuming that means it is in ALTAMONTE SPRINGS?, Well, instead of being 30 minutes early, I will now be 30 minutes late, I am not even in the right CITY" SIGH AGAIN.

She assured me it'd be okay, that my stylist had another opening at 12, so it'd all work out. And, thankfully, it did.

I was dreading(I'll be honest, thought about turning around and going home and curling up in my bed again at that point) getting back on the interstate. I had 20 more exits to go. Ugh. Another 20-30 minute drive. In a big city (I dislike driving period, but I REALLY dislike city driving) BUT, I sucked it up, I really wanted to get a new hair style, and went on my way.

Sure enough, I was about 40 minutes late. Got there around 11:40. Was taken right back, and my friend and stylist had me in and out in an hour, in time for her next appointment at 1pm. SO, it was fine. She chopped all my layers off, like I wanted, and even plopped a little pink feather in my hair. It was a good trip! Here's a few pics:



After the appointment, I repaid my troubles by making a quick stop at XXI, as we don't have one in my city, and I bought an adorable dress that I pictured on Friday's Fabulous Friday post, and an awesome shirt that has not been pictured yet, but that I did wear on Friday to a coffee shop date with me and 11 friends! <3

Friday also brought about some drama that was totally unexpected and blown way out of proportion, but ya know what, what can ya do? especially when the drama is based on events that never happened. Gotta love it.

On a happier note, here's my two fur babies on Wednesday. I buried a squeeky toy, which is why Chico's nose is a little dirty. haha.

 XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Awww the boys look so cute in those photos! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair. I wish I could come up with something cute and modern to do with my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great. I love the purple feather extension! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete